Mathematics and Reading Professional Development Program (SB 472)
The online system for the Mathematics and Reading Professional Development Program, Senate Bill (SB) 472, was developed by WestEd for the California Department of Education (CDE) using funds provided by the California Comprehensive Center at WestEd. California public school districts and county offices of education may use this site to apply for program participation and submit claims for reimbursement for eligible teachers completing 40 or 80 hours of SB 472 training.
To use the online system for submitting claims, the majority of either the 40-hour or 80-hour training which you are claiming must have occurred after January 1, 2007. If the majority of training occurred before January 1, 2007, then you may not use this system, but must instead complete and return a hard copy of the appropriate form. See the instructions above for details about forms and due dates. For information about eligibility, program requirements, and funding, view the instructions.
How to Get Reimbursed
- Login - You must login with your own username and password anytime you want to access forms for your LEA.
- My LEA - After login, choose your LEA from the Welcome box on this page or by linking to "My Profile" or "My LEA."
- New Application - From your LEA page, select "Add Application." Fill out the form and save.
- Certified Assurances - Fill out the Assurances page. Check "yes" to each assurance.
- Consortium Applications - See below.
- Submit Application to CDE - When the application is complete, Submit to CDE.
- Reimbursement Claims - Add reimbursement claims.
- School Detail - Add School-level Detail pages to the reimbursement claim.
- Submit Claim to CDE - When complete, submit the reimbursement claim to CDE.
The Lead must
- Add the consortium members.
- Use the system to send a note with a link for each of the members to enter their Certified Assurances online.
- Wait until all the assurances above are complete before submitting the application to CDE.
Each member must
- Sign up with their LEA access code.
- Select their LEA.
- Select the link to "Add Assurances" and Save.
- LEA Access Code - CDE sent each superintendent a code, which is required in order to access these online application and reimbursement forms.
- Sign Up - Enter your e-mail address, contact information, and LEA Access Code. Choose a username and password for your personal account. Remember these to return again to fill out reimbursement claims
For specific program or fiscal questions, please visit the SB 472 website or contact the following individuals:
Mathematics Program — Program Questions and Provider Information
Kathlan Latimer, Consultant, Math and Science Leadership Office, 916-323-5252, firstname.lastname@example.org
Reading/Language Arts Program — Program Questions and Provider Information
Ellen Ringer, Administrator I, Professional Development Office, 916-323-4694, email@example.com
Online System and Fiscal Issues
Pat Boncella, Analyst, Administrative and Fiscal Services Office, 916-323-4965, firstname.lastname@example.org or
Raul Arambula, Student Assistant, Administrative and Fiscal Services Office, 916-323-5788, email@example.com.