Lessons Learned from the Evaluation of the Texas School Dropout Prevention and Reentry Program Grants
Jaclyn Tejwani (Primary)
Project Director and Research Associate
Chris Caesar (Primary)
Program Manager, Texas High School Project
Texas Education Agency
Communities in Schools, Texas
Program Campus Coordinator
Communities in Schools, Dallas
This webinar, part of a series of WestEd-sponsored webinars related to the education goals of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), will present information about the effectiveness of the Texas School Dropout Prevention and Reentry Program (TSDPRP) Grants in reducing the dropout rate in Texas and improving student outcomes. The presentation will focus on the impact of the expansion of the Communities In Schools (CIS) model, present the findings from the evaluation, and discuss lessons learned and implications for states and districts. Presenters include Jaclyn Tejwani, Valentin Pedroza, and Jodie Hoffman from the WestEd Evaluation Research Program; Chris Caesar and Jessica Navarro from the Texas Education Agency (TEA); and Monica Ordonez from Communities In Schools (CIS) of Dallas.
The archives from the past webinars in this ARRA series are available to view at any time and include:
- Reducing School Dropout Rates
- Supporting Students in Alternative Education Settings
- What Happens to High School Dropouts Who Return to School?
- Continuation High Schools: Supporting Overage and Undercredited Youth
- Early Head Start: Providing a Quality Comprehensive Program for Infants, Toddlers and Their Families:
- Making Progress on Essential Standards and Assessment Reforms
- Turning Around Chronically Low-Performing Schools: Resources from Doing What Works
- Recommendations for Addressing the Needs of English Language Learners: The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA)
- Transforming Schools: Charter Schools as a Strategy for School Turnarounds
RELATED UPCOMING WEBINARS
RELATED PAST WEBINARS
Downloads For Your Own Use
- Chat Log for "Lessons Learned..." Webinar
- MP3 of "Lessons Learned" Presentation
- PDF Handout of slide show presentation,"Lessons Learned from the Evaluation of the Texas School Dropout Prevention and Reentry Program Grants"
- PDF of slide show for webinar, "Lessons Learned from the Evaluation of the Texas School Dropout Prevention and Reentry Program Grants"
This final report, written by WestEd's Jaclyn Tejwani, Valentin Pedroza, and Jodie Hoffman, presents to the Texas Education Agency (TEA) a description of the activities and results of the evaluation of the Texas School Dropout Prevention and Reentry Program (TSDPRP) grants.
Let us help you make the most of your live webinar or archived webinar experience. Participation instructions, tips for small groups, and ideas for professional development are included.