The Common Core Curriculum Mapping Project
Are educators in your state, district, or school wondering how to redesign its English Language Arts curriculum to align with the Common Core State Standards? This archive highlights the first totally new K-12 curriculum maps that are shaped around the Common Core State Standards.
Use the archived online slide show below with the topics by time document on the right to guide your overview.
Please click here to give us your feedback about this archive webinar.
Lynne Munson (Primary)
President and Executive Director
Cyndi Wells (Primary)
Lead Instructional Coach & Fine Arts Facilitator
Albemarle County Public Schools
Lorraine Griffith (Primary)
Buncombe County Schools
Sheila Byrd Carmichael (Primary)
Sheila A. Byrd, Inc.
Are educators in your state, district, or school wondering how to redesign its English Language Arts curriculum to align with the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) ? With support from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the non-profit organization Common Core has created the first totally new K-12 curriculum maps that are shaped around the CCSS. Common Core’s maps are already in use in scores of districts. They were written by teachers for teachers and are available, online, free of charge. Listen to the curriculum mapping team to learn how:
- you can use the maps to assist in your implementation efforts
- the maps were created
- the maps ensure that all of the standards are met
- the maps pair standards with content that will excite students and teachers
- viewers of the maps can enhance and expand them
- states and district are already piloting the maps
Please note: This webinar begins at a different time than usual.
RELATED UPCOMING WEBINARS
RELATED PAST WEBINARS
Downloads For Your Own Use
- CCSS English Language Arts: Appendix A - Research
- CCSS for English Language Arts - Appendix B
- Chat Log, "Common Core Curriculum Mapping Project"
- Common Core Curriculum Maps Website
- Grade 7, Unit 3 Map
- Maps of Unit Plans
- MP3 Audio Recording, "The Common Core Curriculum Mapping Project"
- MP4 Media Recording, "The Common Core Curriculum Mapping Project"
- PDF Handout Version of Slideshow, "Common Core Curriculum Mapping Project"
- PDF of PowerPoint slideshow, "The Common Core Curriculum Mapping Project"
This issue of R&D Alert explores how researchers and practitioners are partnering with districts, improving instruction for English language learners, and shaping school reform efforts by improving instruction for special education students.
Let us help you make the most of your live webinar or archived webinar experience. Participation instructions, tips for small groups, and ideas for professional development are included.