Making Every Minute Count
In this first webinar of a four-part series on expanded learning time, Ben Lummis, Vice President for the National Center on Time & Learning (NCTL) and Sarah Gallagher, Program Associate at NCTL, introduced a framework for effectively expanding learning time and share strategies for making every minute count in your school and district.
Check out our new, easier to watch archive format below and share your thoughts in the comment section.
Please watch the video of the archive and give us your feedback:
Ben Lummis (Primary)
National Center on Time & Learning
Just released Nov. 2011! NCTL's report, Time Well Spent: Eight Powerful Practices of Successful, Expanded-Time Schools"
RELATED UPCOMING WEBINARS
RELATED PAST WEBINARS
Downloads For Your Own Use
- Chat Log, "Making Every Minute Count"
- Classroom Time Use Tool
- Links to Quality Time Analysis and Classroom Time Tools
- Making Every Minute Count Checklist
- MP3 Audio Recording, "Making Every Minute Count"
- PDF of slideshow, "Making Every Minute Count" (Short Version)
- PDF of slideshow, "Making Every Minute Count," Long Version
- Quality Time Analysis Tool (Demonstration Model)
- Quality Time Analysis Tool Overview
- Time Well Spent: Eight Powerful Practices of Successful, Expanded-Time Schools
This report frames the research on the complex relationship between time and learning, focusing primarily on the empirical evidence about how time affects student achievement.
Let us help you make the most of your live webinar or archived webinar experience. Participation instructions, tips for small groups, and ideas for professional development are included.