Raising All Boats: High Performing Districts in California
In this archive, hear from Mette Huberman of the American Institutes for Research about how to define district high performance and the most common strategies reported by high performing districts in California. Superintendents from two unified school districts share their success stories, which are also profiled in the Jan. 24, 2013 issue of Education Daily.
Use the archived online slideshow below.
Please click here to give us your feedback about this archived webinar.
Senior Research Analyst
American Institutes for Research (AIR)
Coast Unified School District
Assistant Superintendent, Instructional Services
Redondo Beach Unified School District
What makes a district high performing and able to "raise all boats" (i.e., performing well overall as well as with most schools and most student subgroups)? Learn about:
- A method for defining district high performance in California as developed by the California Comprehensive Center and a group of stakeholders
- The process for selecting and interviewing 24 districts and school leaders in 6 high performing unified districts
- The most common strategies cited by district and school leaders as contributing to their district and school success
- The success stories of two of the six high performing districts, Coast Unified and Redondo Beach Unified
Presenters include Mette Huberman, Senior Research Analyst at the American Institutes for Research; Chris Adams, Superintendent of Coast Unified School District; and Annette Alpern, Assistant Superintendent of Redondo Beach Unified School District.
The American Institutes for Research is a partner in the California Comprehensive Center at WestEd.
RELATED UPCOMING WEBINARS
RELATED PAST WEBINARS
Downloads For Your Own Use
- MP3 Audio Recording, "Raising All Boats..."
- PDF (handout version) of "Raising All Boats..."
- PDF of Presentation (full-page version), "Raising All Boats: High Performing Districts in California"
- Report: "Raising All Boats: Identifying and Profiling High Performing California School Districts"
- Restructuring to Become a California High Performing District
- Superintendent Chris Adams's Website
Let us help you make the most of your live webinar or archived webinar experience. Participation instructions, tips for small groups, and ideas for professional development are included.